Are you a science fiction enthusiast? Put yourself in the shoes of a sci-fi company such as LexCorp or a Galactic Mining Company marketing head, and this time, use your technology for good – choose a fictional/futuristic product to solve a real-life consumer need. Marcwars will test your ability to create a promotion strategy for fictional products from your favourite movies, tv-shows, video games, and books.
Total prize money : INR 20000 /-
Team Size: 2-3 members
Details of Rounds:
Online Quiz : The quiz will test the marketing and brand knowledge related to the fictional/Sci-Fi theme.
Rules and Regulations :
- The registration slot is open from 18th September to 1st October (Tentative) and the quiz is going to be held on 2nd October (Tentative).
- There will be 15 questions of high difficulty level which needs to be answered within 30 minutes.
- The questions would be in the form of caselets with fictional/Sci-Fi theme.
- The shortlisting criteria for the teams to be selected for next round will be based on highest scorers.
- The result will be declared on 4th October.
In this particular round, teams have to formulate a marketing communications strategy for a fictional product of their choice in response to a specified context/situation.
Rules and regulations :
- The round will be organized from 5th October to 20th October (Tentative).
- Judging will be done based on the creativity and quality of the content.
- Participants are expected to explain the chosen product’s USP and devise a communication strategy demonstrating how it will aid in the given context.
- Submission must be made in the form of a PPT.
- An accompanying video/poster submission is optional and brownie points might be provided depending upon the quality of the submission.
Pitch to judges – Teams will be quizzed about their fictional product by the judges who would act as institutional buyer.
- A team must consist of 2 or 3 members.
- Team members must be of the same college.
- A team may comprise 1st-year or 2nd-year MBA students and/or a mix of both, and undergraduate students of any discipline.
- A team member cannot register in more than one team.
- In case of discrepancies, the decision of the judges/event organizers will be final.
- No extensions of deadlines will be entertained.
- No change in the team structure is allowed after the team is registered.
- The timeline for the round is from 30th October to 31st October.
- Sahil Sehgal : 7048947105, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Rutul Jain (9022656964, email@example.com)