Saudagar: The Business Plan Competition by Saksham, The Entrepreneurship Cell!
Saksham, the Entrepreneurship Cell of IIM Udaipur, presents Saudagar, an interactive and engaging B-Plan event that brings out the ideator in you. Participants get to engage in activities that help them develop their ideation and pitching skills—keeping them entertained through an intense-yet-fun auction.
Round 1: Treasure Hunt
Quiz in the form of an online treasure hunt that tests your business acumen and general knowledge about start-ups.
Round 2: B-Plan and PPT Submission
Shortlisted teams after round 1 will be required to send in PPTs explaining their ideas. PPTs are mandatory, while Video Submission is not mandatory, but it will increase the chances of selection. Further details would be sent through the mail to the shortlisted teams.
Round 3: Pitch Perfect
Present your B-plan. Participate in the Auction Game! Bid for the ideas from those presented by fellow participants, build on it and showcase your pitching skills. In return, gain others’ perspectives on your idea.
All that you need to know about Saudagar:
- Participants should register for the event in teams of 1-3. The registration will be followed by a preliminary round of the online quiz. The quiz will test your business acumen and general knowledge about start-ups. Shortlisted teams will be required to send their business ideas in the form of PPTs (max 3 slides). Sending a video explaining your idea is optional, but this will increase your chances of convincing the panel to shortlist you.
- On Day 1 of the event, the shortlisted teams will present their ideas to a panel of judges. All these ideas would then be put up for an auction. Each team would bid for ideas (excluding their own) and work on the business ideas they bought in the auction. The teams must turn these ideas into business plans by branding the idea, adding financials, etc.
- On Day 2 of the event, the teams will pitch their bought ideas before the panel and participate in the Auction game. Each pitch will be evaluated based on a certain criterion, and the winner will be declared.
- The best idea and the best pitch will be awarded at the end of the event.
Rules and Guidelines:
- Each team must comprise 1-3 members.
- The team members should be pursuing either a full-time MBA, Executive MBA, or undergraduate degree.
- All members of the team should be from the same institute.
- A student cannot be a part of more than one team.
- A team leader should be chosen for each team.
- The information will be shared only with the team leader after registration.
- Teams found violating the rules and regulations will be disqualified from the process.
- The decision of the organizers will be final and binding.